Jason Shellnut, M.D. is Board Certified in both General Surgery and Colon & Rectal Surgeon. He specializes in Robotic Colon and Rectal Surgery as well as endoscopic procedures for screening and surveillance of Colon and Rectal Cancer. His clinical interest include both Surgical and Endoscopic management of a variety of Colorectal Disease processes such as Colorectal Cancer, Diverticulitis, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Rectal Prolapse, Fecal Incontinence, Hemorrhoidal Disease, Abscess, Anorectal Fistulas , and complex polyps. Dr. Shellnut also serves as the Associate Director of the Endoscopic Unit at Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital and Assistant Professor at the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine.
Practicing Since 2009
- Undergraduate: Michigan State University 1999, Chemical Engineering with Highest Honors
- Medical Education: The University of Iowa 2003
- Colorectal Surgery Residency: William Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak 2008-2009
- General Surgery Residency: Iowa Methodist Hospital, Des Moines, IA 2003-2008
- American Board of General Surgery and American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
Affiliations & Appointments
- William Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak, William
- Beaumont Hospital West Bloomfield, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Center, Troy
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- University of Iowa Department of Surgery Medical Student of the Year
- Throckmorten Society Basic Science Research Presentation-1st Place
- Acoustic and Electric Guitar